St. James scholars are drawn into a life-long love of reading through our library enrichment
classes. Time spent in the library guides students to independent library literacy, helps teachers
add depth and complexity to their lessons using library resources and technology, and helps
teachers create an extension of their classroom through relevant visual displays, book talks and
cross-curricular lessons. In addition to providing valuable resources and materials to the
classrooms, the library sponsors literacy events such as book fairs and “Read Across America.”
Scholars have the opportunity to interact with the library program through the following
- Pre-Primary and Primary scholars have library time on a weekly basis.
- Pre-Kindergarten scholars visit the library two days a week, once for story time and
once for book check-out.
- Kindergarten – Second Grade scholars have story time and book check out on a weekly
- Third – Fifth Grade scholars visit the library on a weekly basis to learn library skills and
check out books.
- Middle School scholars come to the library as needed to support their curriculum.
Good News- World Book Encyclopedia Online
St. James now subscribes to World Book Online. World Book Online’s suite of digital publications offers unique content and features for scholars of every age, ability, and interest. Using the same expert information found in The World Book Encyclopedia, these easy-to-navigate websites feature:
- A colorful, approachable look and feel, designed to foster exciting learning at every level
- Easy access on smartphones and tablets
- Different databases for multiple and diverse research needs
- Illustrations, maps, audio files, videos, e-Books, primary source documents, and more
Our World Book subscription allows us to give you and your family access to this valuable reference source at your home computers 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Home access is included in St. James’ subscription and is provided at no cost to you.
Click on the link below and follow instructions to discover a whole new world at your fingertips. Login and password information will be sent to parents the first week of school. For more information, please contact Christy Huebner, Librarian, at email@example.com.